Monday, March 15, 2010

... a few steps forward ...

So here is a small update on the past few weeks that I have failed to log into this blog crap and update anything that has been happening in my life. MAJOR FAIL. Well, in the past few weeks, I have managed to accomplish a few of my goals on my list. So here we go!

#18. Watch the sunrise

This was probably one of the mo
st major failures in life on how to actually complete this goal. But hey, a completion is a completion... no judgment allowed here. About two weekends ago, Carol's little brother, Jason, was home for a Saturday night. Mind you, he had JUST turned the big 2-1 a Thursday before. The only proper way to celebrate my pseudo little brother's big birthday was to take his butt out drinking. So that's exactly what we did. Little did we know that this night would not only end up in havoc due to the multiple Irish Car Bombs, Jaegar Bombs, Kamikazes, Gummi Bears, etc., you name it, we drank it that night. However, after all the alcohol consumption that we did, it didn't seem to stop us from the gangsta rapping, flow spitting, shit talking that happened in the car the whole ride home... which ironically, I do not seem to have any recollection of. Ah well. What can you do? But was that the end of the night? No. In many cases, a typical night of a Carol and Elaine (C Pop and Back End hahahaha) outing would consist of drinks, drunken fun times, a fun car ride home and would definitely result to the both of us passed out in bed and waking up the sounds of each other painful hangovers the next morning. However, apparently, this night, we both thought it would be fun to act like we were 21 all over again. Yeah, not a good idea. We ended up at one of Jason's friends house, hanging out until about 5:30am. I definitely realized I was out of my age zone when Carol and I were approached with the question, "Oh, did you guys graduate in 07 too?????!!!!" Our response? "Yeah, COLLEGE!" Sad.

On the way home (we left Jason there, young people like that don't seem to ever get tired), we got really hungry and made a pit stop at our favorite, disgustingly delicious place, McDonald's. Oh good ol' McDonald's at 6:00am. There we sat in the parking lot, watching the sunrise in my little egg, called the Prius. We watched the sunrise, realized that we had been partying way too hard for our own good, felt our bodies start to give in and came to the conclusion that it was time to go home. Not exactly the greatest idea of all time, but nevertheless, an interesting way to know that we still can hang with them young'uns and a success to one of my goals! :) My body sure did pay for it for the next 2 days. Ouch.

43. Eat at Phil's new res
taurant in Boston, East by Northeast

This past weekend, my family and I decided to take a weekend long trip to Boston to meet up wit
h some family and all go visit Phillip Tang, my extremely talented cousin who just opened up a restaurant in Boston called East by Northeast. His restaurant is a small, quaint, cozy little restaurant, seating approximately 25 people at a time. The food served is a selection of different Chinese dishes with his own French twist on them. All I can say is amazing. It's great to see one of my cousins finally get to live his dream. I can't wait until I get to go back again when the menu changes in Spring! Well, I hope so that is. Since Boston's weather decided to be extremely mean to me and decided to rain the whole entire weekend that I was there. Maybe next time, Boston will be kinder. Overall, it was still a great trip. Great food and time with the family??? Couldn't have asked for better. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, look at the creeper girl who decided to smile in my picture while I was taking a picture of the restaurant. Great.

44. Quit smoking

Don't do it. Don't think about it. Don't smoke. Haha. So far? So good. It's been about 7 days since my last cigarette and amazingly, I feel good and the cravings aren't too bad. The first 72 hours were probably the hardest ever. My lungs were kicking out that wonderful tar its been building up for the last 5 years, so working out was really difficult. I felt like it was harder to breathe now that I wasn't smoking than when I actually was. I almost wanted to light up just so I could breathe normally again. I did not! It's only been 7 days and counting, but I have been good. Even when I had a beer over the weekend, I refrained from buying cigarettes and bumming from someone. Yay. This has been a long awaited goal of min
e and hopefully I will be a quitter for life.

I must say, it does feel pretty damn good to smell good all the time and have no hint of the smell of cigarettes anywhere on your body. Especially your fingers! On my way to work
the other day, I did not light up a cigarette, I didn't have any for one and well, I was trying to quit. When I got to work that day, I stepped out of my little egg, and the wind blew my hair across my face and I smelled the delicious scent of my shampoo from my just washed hair. Well, it was fabulous. It's nice to smell delicious rather than smell like the poo smell of cigarettes.

Hopefully, day 7 will turn into day forever. We shall see.


So these are my updates so far. Maybe in a few more weeks, I'll have more to update! We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment